[Accessibleweb] Test requested: Closed-captioned web videos

Dan Comden danc at u.washington.edu
Thu May 27 13:14:39 PDT 2004

Hi Harry,

I've got a little experience using Magpie -- probably not as much as you
and your team now have, though.

Having shorter chunks of captioned text will mean increasing the pacing of
having them displayed. Breaks in the captioned text don't need to
correspond with natural verbal breaks like periods and commas. Getting the
timing correct on placing the captioned text can take a few tries, esp.
when you have narration or dialogue that's fast-paced. Something to
consider the next time you have narration recorded :)

-*- Dan