[Accessibleweb] AccessibleWeb@U - The Accessibility of iTunes

Rick Ells rells at u.washington.edu
Fri Sep 7 17:02:11 PDT 2007

Topic: Open discussion of accessibility issues relating
to Apple's iTunes program
Speakers: Open mike
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2007
Time: 11:30a.m. - 1:00p.m.
Location: Mary Gates Hall, Room 015L

Apple's iTunesU service (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes_u/)
is a service hosted by Apple that supports management and
distribution of educational audio and video content. The UW recently
signed a contract to use iTunesU for a UW Media Relations site for the
general public. Pilot projects using iTunesU to support courses are
underway too.

See the Daily article at...
www.thedaily.washington.edu/article/2007/5/23/itunesUToDebutThisSummer

To access iTunesU, you use the Apple iTunes program
(http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/). Unfortunately, the user
interface of iTunes has some significant accessibility problems.

For this session of AccessibleWeb at U, focus your accessibility skills
on the iTunes program, evaluate it, and then come and join us for
a discussion. One goal is to develop a clear list of problems we see
with this program that we can forward to Apple.