[Alpine-info] Re-Alpine 2.01 released

Mark Crispin mrc+uw at panda.com
Mon Aug 3 09:02:43 PDT 2009

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Jacob Wegelin wrote:

> Does this mean that alpine is going away? Does this mean that if one wants an

> up-to-date version of what used to be called pine, one should install

> re-alpine?

Only UW can say if their Alpine development effort is going away. I think
that it is; and more specifically that it already has.

Re-alpine is a fork of Alpine with a new development team. Although
Andraž was very kind to acknowledge me, my role in the effort was to
provide the impetus for the bootstrap ("Push the button, damnit!!"). The
new team did the real work, and it's completely their own thing.

I am delighted to see re-alpine happen. I wish the re-alpine project a
long and prosperous future.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc