[Amath-seminars] Thursday October 5th, 4-5pm, Fred Wan Room, Department Seminar -- LIGHTNING TALKS

Loyce M. Adams lma3 at uw.edu
Mon Oct 2 16:48:11 PDT 2017

Dear All,

This quarter the Department's Thursday Seminar for the
Thursdays when we do not have a Boeing speaker will be
devoted to "LIGHTNING TALKS" given by our own AMATH
Research Associates and our own AMATH graduate students.
October 5th and 12th will be for the Research Associates
and November 9th, 16th, and 30th for the AMATH graduate
students. So, far I am looking for volunteers for 2 or
3 talks for December 7th (email me if interested).

The purpose is to learn about the research being done
in the Applied Mathematics Department. This should be
beneficial to everybody. So please come and join the
fun, even if it is standing room only! Note that the
departmental tea is from 3:30-4:00 in the lounge upstairs
on these Thursdays, so grab and bite and come on down to
learn what is happening research-wise in the department.

Below is the schedule so far. The first two talks will
be given by Dr. Craig Gin and Dr. Ryan Donnelly. Their
titles are below.

See you Thursday.

Loyce Adams, lma3 at uw.edu

----
APPLIED MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT SEMINAR
Thursdays (when no Boeing speaker)
Fred Wan Conference Room, Lewis Hall
4pm - 5pm

October 5th: AMATH Research Associate Lightning Talks:
Craig Gin: Stability of multi-layer Hele-Shaw flows
Ryan Donnelly: Limit order books and algorithmic trading

October 12th: AMATH Research Associate Talks:
Ben Erichson:
Travis Askham:

November 9th: AMATH Graduate Student Lightning Talks:
Brian de Silva:
Peng Zheng:
Jeremy Upsal:

November 16th: AMATH Graduate Student Lightning Talks:
Cameron Harris:
Felix Ye:
Matthew Farrell:

November 30th: AMATH Graduate Student Lightning Talks:
Trevor Caldwell:
Kenan Li:
Andreas Freund:

December 7th: Lightning Talks