[Amath-seminars] Reminder: Oct 10th: Boeing Distinguished Colloquium - Missy Cummings

Hannah Choi hannahch at uw.edu
Wed Oct 2 12:19:17 PDT 2019

Reminder-- Our first Boeing Distinguished Colloquium seminar is on next
Thursday! Missy Cummings from Duke University will be giving a talk titled "A
Machine Learning Approach to Modeling Human Interaction with Autonomous
Systems ". The abstract is given below.

Where: Smith Hall 205
When: Thursday October 10th - 4:00pm

The talk will be followed by a reception in the Lewis hall lounge.

Best,
Hannah

Title: A Machine Learning Approach to Modeling Human Interaction with
Autonomous Systems

Abstract: There is significant interest in the development and deployment
of safety-critical technologies with embedded autonomy. However, most of
these systems require some form of human interaction whether it is humans
supervising these systems like a drone operator, or people working in and
around the system such as pedestrians and driverless cars. This talk will
describe an unsupervised learning approach to modeling human interaction
with autonomous systems and how such models can be used to diagnose system
design issues.

https://amath.washington.edu/calendar?trumbaEmbed=eventid%3D133405812%26view%3Devent%26-childview%3D