[Amath-seminars] Boeing Lecture: Alan Edelman and Julia

Charles Delahunt delahunt at uw.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:54:32 PST 2019

All-
Next week the Applied Math Boeing lecture will feature Alan Edelman, with
special guest Julia.

When: Thursday November 21st - 4:00pm
Where: Smith Hall 205

Reception in the Lewis hall lounge afterwards.

Abstract:

Julia: Differentiable Programming and Software 2.0
Slowly, many people are starting to understand the rich possibilities
offered by the Julia Programming language. We believe the best is yet to
come. In this talk, we will discuss what can be possible for performance,
for composability, and for innovation when a computer language design has
thought carefully about the interplay between mathematics and the
underlying computer.