E-wealth: Understanding the Internet Millionaire

Susan Corcoran Hayes schayes at u.washington.edu
Tue Sep 25 13:56:20 PDT 2001

Hello to All,

At the APRA-NW meeting last Friday, I recapped the presentation by Kathleen
Cassedy and Peter Glensahaw entitled "Venture Capital and Venture
Philanthropy".

One of the sources used as material for the segment on venture philanthropy
was the book by Russ Alan Prince and Hannah Shaw Grove called "E-wealth:
Understanding the Internet Millionaire". Mr. Prince is also the author of
"The Seven Faces of Philanthropy". The link to the description of the book
and his bio is shown below:
http://www.iihighnetworth.com/
http://www.iihighnetworth.com/rapbio.asp (Russ Alan Prince bio)

On the book page, go on to click Order, then the highlighted title. At the
bottom of that next page is a PDF link for the table of contents of the
book.

Some of the people attending were interested in purchasing the book so I
investigated the price on a group sale basis. The single copy price is
$150.00. But, it is only $25 (+ shipping, no tax) if ten or more copies are
purchased in bulk. The University of Washington has decided to purchase ten
copies and we invite any of you who wish to purchase just a copy or two to
join in this order. If your organization wishes to purchase ten or more, I
recommend that you do it separately. The price is $25 regardless of the
number of copies over 10.

So, to give you a chance to join this purchase group, the UW will submit its
order on Monday, October 1 no later than 12 noon. We will pay for the order
by credit card and ask that you reimburse us by check payable to the
University of Washington. To cover the shipping cost to us and then the
packing and shipping costs to you, the check should be made for $33.

Please let me know by e-mail if you wish to purchase the book and that you
are sending a check. Please send the check to me at the address shown below.

Any questions, please call or e-mail.

Susan
Susan C. Hayes
Research Strategist
University of Washington
Office of Development & Alumni Relations
1200 Fifth Avenue, Suite 414
Seattle, WA 98101-1116
Box: 358241
Phone: (206) 221-5622