Attention Members -- Candidates for Office

Susan Corcoran Hayes schayes at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 12 17:25:27 PDT 2003

To all APRA-NW Members:

The Board of APRA-NW is thrilled to announce that members rallied to the call for nominations and volunteered or were nominated to be candidates for the three open positions on the Board: Vice President/Treasurer, Secretary and Co-Chair, Programs. In fact, for the first time in the recent history of APRA-NW, we have more than one candidate for a position. We thank the candidates who stepped up with a desire to serve their professional organization.

We are pleased to announce the following slate of candidates:

Vice President/Treasurer Hodan Hassan

Secretary Harshika Maysuria

Co-Chair, Programs Cecilia Matta

Chris Mildner

Lisa Raleigh

Candidates present at the Annual Meeting on June 16 in Tacoma will be introduced to the membership.

Our standard procedure in the past has been to hold the elections at the Annual Meeting in conjunction with the Spring Conference, thus allowing only members in attendance to vote. Since members will have a choice of candidates for one position this year, the Board has decided to conduct the election by mail ballot so that all members will have the opportunity to vote. On June 17, a ballot and statements of interest by the candidates will be mailed to each member in good standing with a request to return the ballot postmarked no later than June 30. Any ballot with a postmark later than that date will not be counted.

If your mailing address is different from the one published in the Member Directory and Handbook, please notify Susan Corcoran Hayes, Membership Director, at schayes at u.washington.edu or 206-221-5622 at once.

APRA-NW Board of Directors