[APRA-NW] APRA-NW Board of Directors Call for Nominations deadline extended to Monday June 27th, 2005

Harshika Maysuria harshika at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 23 16:48:09 PDT 2005

APRA-NW BOARD OF DIRECTORS CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: DEADLINE EXTENSION
NEW DATE: MONDAY JUNE 27th, 2005

As many of you heard at the Annual Conference we have extended the nomination deadline by a week to Monday June 27th, 2005. We hope this gives you a little more time to nominate a colleague, yourself or both to serve on the APRA-NW Board of Directors. This is a wonderful way to give back to your profession, practice your organizational and planning skills while having fun and building relationships with great people in your field.

The APRA-NW Board of Directors is comprised of six members who serve a two year term once elected.

This year we are seeking nominations for the following positions:

1. Vice President/Treasurer

Manages chapter checking account and receives all incoming payments. Prepares annual budget and financial statements. Maintains the membership list and manages registration for conferences and meetings when payment is due. Acts as President in Presidents absence. Knowledge of or willingness to learn Quicken is required.

(Current Incumbent: Susan C. Hayes. Direct Questions to: s.c.hayes at worldnet.att..net)

2. Secretary

Plans and schedules monthly meetings, takes minutes at all board meetings, responsible for elections, and other administrative tasks for the Board including storage of online files etc.

(Current Incumbent Harshika Maysuria: Direct Questions to: harshika at u.washington.edu)

3. Program chair:

Provides leadership in developing educational programs for the chapter members. He/She works with a committee whose duty it is to execute programming duties for quarterly and annual events including recruitment of speakers, logistics etc, publicity.

(Current Incumbent: Jennifer Johnston: Direct Questions to: JenniferJ at jewishinseattle.org)

APRA-NW is an all-volunteer membership organization and the great programs that you have enjoyed to date are a result of the dedicated work of previous volunteers. So please take a few moments to think about this great opportunity either for yourself or someone who you think would be an ideal candidate for one of the above positions.

This year our nomination period runs from June 3rd-June 27th, 2005. Elections will be completed by July 22nd, 2005 and the new officers will take office August 1st, 2005.

Thank you

Harshika Maysuria

Secretary (2003-2005)

APRA-NW