Call for Volunteers

Hodan Hassan hhassan at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 30 19:12:15 PST 2005

Dear APRA-NW Members,
During the past two years, the APRA-NW membership has grown by 40% from 79 to our current membership of 111. We believe this is a reflection of the growing interest in our field and your interest in enhancing your professional skills.

As you know, prospect research is one of the fastest growing fields in development. New techniques and trends are surfacing all the time, and the APRA-NW board is committed to bringing you programs to keep you up-to-date in the field and to enhance the quality of your membership benefits overall. Strategically, we have raised the quality of our annual conference and offered more Virtual Seminars free of charge.

APRA-NW has been blessed with dedicated board members who continue to serve the organization. In addition, some of you have also generously volunteered through coordinating and organizing programs for our members.

However, we need more volunteers. The number of members who are actively volunteering for APRA-NW is small in comparison to our membership. We value your input so that APRA-NW can provide you quality programming to meet your specific needs. Your involvement is vital for diversifying our board and our chapter's leadership.

As a volunteer, you also gain personal benefits and will enhance your professional growth. You will:

a.. Learn through service and build your leadership skills
b.. Share your expertise with others and learn from each other
c.. Discover your strengths and talents
d.. Expand your professional network
There are many ways you can get involved. Please review the attached list to find a various volunteer opportunities that may match your skills and interests. If you are interested in volunteering for any of these tasks, just fill out the attached form and we will be in touch with you shortly.

Remember, the more members get involved, the better APRA-NW can expand its services and programs to meet your needs. So, roll up your sleeves and get involved - to be part of the change you wish to see.

Thanks in advance to each and every one of you.

APRA-NW Board of Directors