[APRA-NW] Fw: Privacy, Ethics, and Access to Information of Donors by Non Profit Groups Workshop

Hodan Hassan hhassan at u.washington.edu
Sun May 1 20:31:31 PDT 2005

Privacy, Ethics, and Access to Information of Donors by Non Profit Groups WorkshopDear APRA-NW Members:

Our own longtime APRA-NW member and former president, Lisa Thomas, Director of Development Research and Relationship Management at University of Washington, will join two other speakers on a panel discussion sponsored by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Washington Chapter. The topic is Privacy, Ethics, and Access to Information and it will be held on May 5th between noon and 1:30 p.m. at The Swedish Cultural Center, 1920 Dexter Avenue N, Seattle (see the program details below).

Please join me in extending our thanks to Lisa for representing our profession to the broader fundraising community. It should be an interesting program and worthwhile to attend.

Hodan Hassan
APRA-NW President
(206) 221-5625
hhassan at u.washington.edu

=================================================================================================================
The Association for Fundraising Professionals(AFP) invites you to a very important lunch program for your organization:
Privacy, Ethics, and Access to Information of donors by non profit groups

With stories in the news about how the ACLU, LexisNexis and other organizations are gathering and using information on donors, the nonprofit sector continues to address the ethics of prospect research and how to take advantage of information that tells more about donors than they may want us to know. This panel discussion will address the future of prospect identification and research in light of increasing scrutiny of how we access and use information about prospects and donors.

Featured Panelists
*Michael R. Leaver, Account Executive, Target America, Inc.
*Michael Nilsen, AFP (national) Public Affairs Director
*Lisa Thomas, Director, Development Research & Relationship Management University of Washington
Moderated by: Zia Gipson, Marketing That Matters

Thank you!

Richard Bray
Program Co-Chair
AFP Washington Chapter