[APRA-NW] revised board elections

Betsy Cooper cooperb at reed.edu
Wed Jun 7 16:02:46 PDT 2006

Hi to all,
I have an apology to make! Because of a misunderstanding of our by-laws,
there needs to be a change in officers elected to the board this year.
(Guess I'll have to delete "strong attention to detail" from my resume!)

The positions to be elected are as follows:
1. President
Provides leadership for the chapter and represents it in the development
community. He/She chairs all meetings, and sets the agenda for the board
meetings.

2. Membership Director
Oversees membership outreach, produces annual renewals, and publishes
the APRA-NW Membership Handbook and Directory. Knowledge of Microsoft
Publisher needed for updating directory.

3. Mentorship Director
Oversees the design and execution of plans to match mentors with members
who want to be mentored.

The APRA-NW Board of Directors is comprised of six members who serve a
two year term once elected. APRA-NW is an all-volunteer membership
organization and the great programs that you have enjoyed to date are
because of the dedicated work of previous volunteers. So please take a
few moments to think about this great opportunity either for yourself or
someone who you think would be an ideal candidate for the above positions.

Our revised nomination period runs from June 8th to 22nd, 2006.
Elections will be completed by July 14th, 2006 and the new officers will
take over office July 17th, 2005. I have attached a nomination form or
you can go to the APRA-NW website http://www.apra-nw.org/ and download
the form.

Again, my deepest apologies for this snafu. I sincerely appreciate
everyone who has shown interest in joining the board and I encourage
anybody waiting in the wings to step up and shine!

Betsy Cooper, President, APRA-NW