[APRA-NW] A Farewell Note

hoddan at aol.com hoddan at aol.com
Tue Mar 14 15:06:36 PST 2006

Dear APRA-NW Members,

I want you to know that I have accepted a position as Senior Director of Research and Prospect Management position at Arizona State University and, as a result, I have resigned as President of APRA-NW. This is a wonderful opportunity for me professionally and I am very sad to leave the Pacific Northwest and APRA-NW.

As directed in our by-laws, the board has appointed Betsy Cooper, Vice President/Treasurer to take on the president's role, effective immediately. Betsy is a strong leader who has a strong commitment to our professio! n and interest in our chapter's development. She will continue to serve as treasurer and will serve out my term as president that ends with the next election in June.

I am so proud of the accomplishments of our chapter over the past two and half years. The progress we have made, in large part, is due to the tireless efforts of your current and past board members and those of you who volunteered to assist us with the chapter activities. This dedication and effort is what makes our chapter such a strong chapter!

I am grateful for the vote of confidence you placed in me in this role as president of APRA-NW. I am glad that I will be still serving you as I continue on the APRA International Board, serving on the professional and development team.

I look forward to supporting the new president and board in any way I can. This is an exciting time for APRA-NW chap! ter, and I encourage you to get involved! Thank you again for your support over the past two and half years.

Best wishes,

Hodan Hassan
Past President, APRA-NW