[APRA-NW] APRA-NW BOARD OF DIRECTORS CALL FOR NOMINATIONS

sheila sthayer at u.washington.edu
Tue May 16 09:28:11 PDT 2006

It's that time of year again when you have an opportunity to nominate a
colleague, yourself or both to serve on the APRA-NW Board of Directors. This
is a wonderful way to give back to your profession, practice your
organizational and planning skills while having fun and building
relationships with great people in your field.

The APRA-NW Board of Directors is comprised of six members who serve a two
year term once elected.

This year we are seeking nominations for the following position:

1. Vice President/Treasurer

Manages chapter checking account and receives all incoming payments.
Prepares annual budget and financial statements. Maintains the membership
list and manages registration for conferences and meetings when payment is
due. Acts as President in Presidents absence. Knowledge of or willingness to
learn Quicken is required.

2. Membership Director

Oversees membership outreach, produces annual renewals, and publishes the
APRA-NW Membership Handbook and Directory. Knowledge of Microsoft Publisher
needed for updating directory.

APRA-NW is an all-volunteer membership organization and the great programs
that you have enjoyed to date are because of the dedicated work of previous
volunteers. So please take a few moments to think about this great
opportunity either for yourself or someone who you think would be an ideal
candidate for the above positions.

This year our nomination period runs from May 17th-June 10th, 2006.
Elections will be completed by June 29th, 2005 and the new officers will
take over office July 1st, 2005. I have attached a nomination form or you
can go to the APRA-NW website http://www.apra-nw.org/ and download the form.

Thank you

sheila M thayer

Secretary (2006-2007)