[APRA-NW] Reminder: APRA-NW Spring Conferece in Olympia!

Jennifer MacCormack jmaccorm at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 20 14:20:04 PDT 2007

APRA-NW Spring Conference
Maximize Your Resources: Prospect Tracking and Measuring Success for Shops of All Shapes and Sizes

Monday, May 21, 2006

Evergreen State College, The Longhouse Olympia, WA - The Longhouse Educational and Cultural Center
8:30-4:00 (Continental breakfast and lunch included in registration)

Come join us for this year's Spring conference at Evergreen State College in beautiful Olympia. This year's conference will focus on prospect tracking and success metrics, with equal attention given to shops both big and small.

Speakers Susan Hayes-McQueen, Director of Development Research and Relationship Management at the University of Washington and Betsy Cooper, Prospect Research Manager at Reed College, will lead the morning conference panel focusing on setting up and managing prospect systems for both small and large shops.

The afternoon workshop will be lead by our Keynote Speaker, Christina Pulawski of Pulawski Consulting. In this session, we'll discuss how to use data to track and report on the performance of research, and effectively connect it to your organization's mission. We'll also cover how to use this information to advance the status of the information function in your organization, and other strategies and methods for publicizing, marketing, and managing your department's image and services to your institution - from assessing your roles and capabilities to looking at the means and methods you use to communicate with your colleagues.

Conference cost is $55 for members and $70 for non-members. Conference registration forms are available online at http://www.apra-nw.org

If you're interested in becoming a member of APRA-NW, please contact Jessica Balsam, APRA-NW Membership Chair, at balsamj at evergreen.edu or visit our website at www.apra-nw.org for more details.

And don't forget...

2007 APRA-NW Annual Conference Scholarship

It is our pleasure to announce this year's APRA-NW Scholarship Program. The program offers members the opportunity to attend the annual conference. This year we are awarding up to four scholarships that will cover the registration fees associated with the 2007 APRA-NW annual conference, to be held on May 21st 2007 at the Evergreen State College in Olympia.

Please review the Scholarship Guidelines (below) for details, then download the scholarship application form, complete and mail to Cecelia Hogan. The application is due by April 30th, and Scholarship awardees will be announced on May 4th. Applications are available on our website at http://www.apra-nw.org/events/APRA-NW%202007%20Scholarship%20Guidelines.doc

If you have any questions, please contact kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org or Cecilia Hogan at chogan at ups.edu

Eligibility

· All applicants must be members of the APRA-NW chapter in good standing and with current year's dues paid as of May 1st, 2007.

· The applicant will provide a statement of financial need to be eligible for the scholarship.

· There is no requirement of experience or length of time in prospect research but information about the applicant's research duties may be requested.

· All APRA-NW board members and members of the Scholarship Committee will be ineligible to receive the scholarship award.

Application Procedure

Applicants are required to submit a completed scholarship application form that outlines:

a.. Research and development background
b.. How attendance at the conference will help the applicant professionally
c.. Financial need (a brief statement of need is sufficient)

Applications should be sent to Cecilia Hogan, Scholarship Committee Chair (contact information included on the form), who will coordinate the Scholarship Committee's review and selection. The applications can be forwarded via email attachment, fax or mail.