[APRA-NW] APRA recap reminder!

Jennifer MacCormack jmaccorm at u.washington.edu
Tue Aug 14 12:14:41 PDT 2007

Hi APRA-NW'ers!

Tomorrow we'll be coming together at venues in Portland and Seattle for a casual yet informative recap of the many fantastic sessions at this years APRA International conference in Chicago. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to share a brief summary of one or two of their favorite sessions over coffee and breakfast snacks. The session recaps will start at 9 AM at both Reed College and UW/downtown Seattle location and will last until 11 AM.

For those of you who have volunteered to share some of the highlights of the sessions you attended, I encourage you to bring 20 handouts that capture the take-away points from the session(s) you attended and/or PP slides. If you have so me PP slides to share, please forward them to me (jmaccorm at u.washington.edu) or Betsy Cooper (bcooper at reed.edu). As we did last year, all recap presentations will be shared with all of our APRA-NW members afterwards.

***A note for those attending the recap in Seattle who are coming from the south***
As you are all aware of, a portion of the I-5 heading in to the downtown Seattle has several lanes closed off for construction. This has not proven to be as much of a disaster as projected but it may be so as the week progresses so I advise you to listen to the radio before you leave to get a feel for traffic in that zone. If you think it will be heavy, here are a couple alternative routes:
a.. Take Rte. 518 at the Sea Tac Airport exit that leads to Rte. 99. When you reach downtown Seattle on Rte. 99, take the Seneca Street exit and head up to 5th Ave. The IBM building is between Seneca and University.
b.. You can also take Rte. 405 (same exit area as Rte. 518 but you are heading east) and come over the SR 90 floating bridge to downtown. When you merge on to I-5 (past the construction area) you follow the same directions to the IBM building as you would taking I-5 in.
Have I confused anyone yet? Please let me know and I will personally give you more detailed instructions.

Again, here are the venue details for Reed and UW:

Oregon
Reed College
Vollum College Center, Room 110
For directions to Reed College and a campus map, click this link http://web.reed.edu/facilities_and_grounds/reedcampusmap.html?detectflash=false
Parking is FREE
Please RSVP by August 13
Contact Betsy Cooper at bcooper at reed.edu

Washington
University of Washington
IBM Building, 5th floor conference room (follow signs outside of elevator)
1200 5th Ave
Directions: If heading north on I-5, take Exit 165, Seneca Street (on left side), and continue straight on Seneca Ave. The IBM building is located immediately to your right when you exit on Seneca and 5th Ave. Southbound on I-5, take the Exit 165B, Union Street. Turn left on 5th Ave and proceed one block to University Ave. Building will be on your left, between University and Seneca.
Parking garages are abundant around the building but there is also metered street parking with a 2 hour maximum.
Please RSVP by August 13
Contact Jennifer MacCormack at jmaccorm at u.washington.edu

See you all there tomorrow morning!

Jennifer MacCormack