[APRA-NW] Advancement IT Specialist position at Evergreen
balsamj at evergreen.edu
Mon Dec 10 16:38:03 PST 2007
We're seeking an IT Specialist to support prospect managment and
research and other Advancement functions here at Evergreen. We recently
upgraded this position to an ITS3, with more responsibility and higher
pay. Please spread the word.
The Evergreen State College
College Advancement, LIB 3121D
2700 Evergreen Parkway NW
Olympia, WA 98505
Position: Information Technology Specialist 3
Organization: College Advancement
Reports To: Operations Officer
POSITION PURPOSE: This position serves as the Advancement information
systems administrator for College Advancement/Evergreen Foundation.
Incumbent provides leadership in systems and analysis and technical
support for complex applications and software systems.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Office of College Advancement at The Evergreen State
College/Evergreen Foundation provides outreach to the community through
fundraising, alumni relations, publications, and the web. College
Advancement/Foundation is actively engaged in enhancing programs that
enable the college to connect with constituents, prospective donors and
the wider community. This position will lead projects to implement new
applications (e.g. alumni constituent community, matching gifts) and
upgrade existing applications (e.g. CashNet On-Line Giving, RuffaloCody
CampusCall telemarketing system) in support of the overall strategic
focus. This position routinely and independently researches,
troubleshoots and resolves complex problems pertaining to the
advancement software applications. In this role, the incumbent consults
with Computing and Communications as well as directly with the vendors
to implement applications and revolve technical problems. This position
provides leadership and support for complex applications, systems
analysis for the information systems and users. The incumbent consults
with users on data requirements, programming, quality assurance,
troubleshooting, upgrades, and technical support for existing data needs
and applications specific to the Advancement functions and systems.
Conducts needs assessment and leads projects to implement new software
applications. Uses established work procedures to complete data
assignments (e.g. mailings, events, and strategic solicitations) as well
as monitor and implement data systems specific to the Advancement
functions. Requires an advanced working knowledge of complex rules,
regulations and applications of the advancement, telemarketing, on-line
giving, alumni relations on-line community, development, and/or
fundraising softwares and relational databases. The position reports to
the Operations Officer.
* Serves as technical administrator for software applications for
the Advancement division including maintaining, testing, analyzing,
upgrading and debugging Advancement software for the telemarketing
system, alumni and fundraising database, mapping software, on-line
giving software, and alumni community.
* Provides management assistance on complex projects such as
strategic fundraising and friend raising initiatives.
* Leads projects to implement new applications (e.g. alumni
constituent community, matching gifts) and upgrade existing applications
(e.g. CashNet On-Line Giving, RuffaloCody CampusCall telemarketing
system) to meet strategic priorities. Defines the scope, schedule
design, maintenance, testing and quality assurance of the applications.
* Assists clients with defining and prioritizing data
requirements, defining the scope of project including system
capabilities and limitations.
* Creates installation plans in consultation with Administrative
Computing for selected software products. Oversee the work of vendors
responsible for installing the systems.
* Creates projects plans to include new sources of information to
the database (e.g. constituent screenings, alumni directory, student
roll, matching gifts).
* Creates and supports test and production environments for
Advancement data systems.
* Runs trend analysis (data mining) for donor giving patterns,
benchmarks, and database audits including reconciling gifts between
Advancement and Finance modules.
* Develops, builds and executes complex queries using a
relational database for ad hoc and standard reporting requirements and
* Creates front-end user applications to automate redundant tasks
based on documented workflow.
* Performs strategic segmented calling group queries from the
database to the telemarketing system, fundraising and alumni relations
* Conducts analysis and implement best practices for the
Advancement, telemarketing, alumni relations systems.
* Performs general maintenance of the constituent database to
ensure database integrity through extensive data clean up of database
constituent records including data entry of necessary elements.
* Maintains the Advancement database validation forms, control
forms and other related processes.
* Manages security, including protocol for access and approval.
Implements security policies and standards for all Advancement software
* Assesses training needs, approaches, and course materials for
* Conducts Advancement database and Microsoft Access user
* Resolves technical problems in consultation with Administrative
* Collaborates and/or negotiates with Administrative Information
Technical Collaborative Hive and Banner Users Group on data entry
standards, use of non-Advancement database forms, and other shared and
* Creates system and user documentation and instructs users on
* Provides basic help desk technical support and trouble shoot
* Identifies and documents data entry standards and procedures
Four years of Information Technology experience in such areas as
applications development and maintenance, computer analysis, data
analysis, data base design and maintenance, or programming; or one year
as an Information Technology Specialist 2; or equivalent
Demonstrated technical experience with Banner Advancement relational
database, RuffaloCody CampusCall telemarketing system, CashNet On-Line
Giving, matching gifts, alumni constituent community, and constituent
mapping software is highly desirable.
For more information, visit
http://www.evergreen.edu/employment/staffjobs.htm and select the
Information Technology Specialist 3 position. Application instructions
are included in the full job announcement at that location.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW