[APRA-NW] Position at Fred Hutchinson
maryrose at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 16:00:48 PST 2007
I am posting this position for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
To apply go to
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an
independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and
advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially
fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in
bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's four scientific divisions
collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied
science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and
research partners, the University of Washington and Children's Hospital and
Regional Medical Center, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated
comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a
Prospect Researchers at FHCRC identify and profile
individual, corporate, and foundation donors, and researches prospects for
major gifts, endowed gifts, special project funding, and annual/sustaining
support. Prospect Researchers provide written reports about specific donors
and prospects, containing an analysis of information gathered from public
Researchers are expected to use initiative and sound judgment in
carrying-out related responsibilities within the framework of Development
and FHCRC polices and procedures. He/she strategize with development staff
regarding prospect identification, and collaborate to develop donor prospect
reports appropriate to departmental needs.
Prospect Researchers perform the following responsibilities:
• Assume primary responsibility for meeting the prospect identification and
research needs of development staff, enabling them to meet fundraising
• Meet regularly with these individuals, keeping abreast of their activities
and the initiatives and programs underway within their departments.
• Regularly collaborate with development staff to develop prospect
identification, cultivation, solicitation, and overall fundraising
• Consult with development staff to determine feasibility of research
requests and special projects.
• Advise development staff about new prospect possibilities as appropriate
• Use both standard and novel prospect research techniques and tools to
identify new prospects and complete donor background requests, including
periodical and electronic screening and/or information provided by the
prospect or his/her organization.
• Create profile reports tailored to needs of individual development
• Maintain policies and procedures for the prospect research program.
• Review local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast
of prospect information and local and regional business developments and
• Send articles to development staff as appropriate.
• Maintain and develop professional relationships with local prospect
researchers, as well as national and local associations.
• Manage research information services and negotiates annual contracts.
• Utilize central Development database (Raiser's Edge) to track/store
• Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
• Adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of Fred Hutchinson Cancer
• Maintain the professional and ethical standards set forth for the field by
the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA).
• Perform other responsibilities as required.
Bachelor's degree and two-five years of experience in the
role of Prospect/Donor Researcher. This position requires the ability to
make sound judgment, demonstrate the ability and fortitude to identify
unknown sources. Strong written and verbal communication skills, an
attention to detail, an aptitude for logical thinking, and a commitment to
professional ethics are required. Must have the ability to interact with
development staff as well as experience working in non-profit sector.
computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office software,
Raiser's Edge, searching on-line databases and the Internet. Must
demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and meet goals in a
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary DOE+ excellent benefits; full-time position.
Maryrose at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW