[APRA-NW] APRA-NW Spring Conference reminder, May 21

Jennifer MacCormack jmaccorm at u.washington.edu
Mon May 7 08:49:28 PDT 2007

APRA-NW Spring Conference
Maximize Your Resources: Prospect Tracking and Measuring Success for Shops of All Shapes and Sizes

Monday, May 21, 2006

Evergreen State College, The Longhouse Olympia, WA - The Longhouse Educational and Cultural Center
8:30-4:00 (Continental breakfast and lunch included in registration)

Come join us for this year's Spring conference at Evergreen State College in beautiful Olympia. This year's conference will focus on prospect tracking and success metrics, with equal attention given to shops both big and small.

Speakers Sara Wright, Director of Development Research and Oregon State University Foundation, and Betsy Cooper, Prospect Research Manager at Reed College, will lead the morning conference with their presentation, Helping Your Development Officers Succeed Using Prospect Management. In this presentation, Sara and Betsy will discuss resources your research shop, whether it's large or small, has that will help your development officers succeed in the fundraising goals. This session will explore ways to make prospect management a positive element of the process, not just a way to establish "credit," and assist
the development officer in moving their prospects through the development pipeline in a direct and organized manner, to a successful conclusion. We will look at both simple and more complex prospect management systems, and identify the most important elements of each.panel focusing on setting up and managing prospect systems for both small and large shops.

The afternoon workshop, Using Data to Promote the Value of Research, will be lead by our Keynote Speaker, Christina Pulawski of Pulawski Consulting. In this session, we'll discuss how to use data to track and report on the performance of research, and effectively connect it to your organization's mission. We'll also cover how to use this information to advance the status of the information function in your organization, and other strategies and methods for publicizing, marketing, and managing your department's image and services to your institution - from assessing your roles and capabilities to looking at the means and methods you use to communicate with your colleagues.

Conference cost is $55 for members and $70 for non-members. Conference registration forms are available online at http://www.apra-nw.org

If you're interested in becoming a member of APRA-NW, please contact Jessica Balsam, APRA-NW Membership Chair, at balsamj at evergreen.edu or visit our website at www.apra-nw.org for more details.