[APRA-NW] Reminder: Job Opening at Seattle Children's Hospital Research Institute

Norris, Kathryn kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org
Fri Jan 11 14:02:44 PST 2008

Happy New Year, all! I'm writing to encourage you to consider applying
for the research strategist position at Seattle Children's Hospital
Research Institute. This is a unique opportunity to implement a
corporate and foundation research program and coordinate funding
prospects for the growing Research Institute. The position, which will
be based in the South Lake Union neighborhood, offers excellent
compensation and benefits, not to mention a fun and talented team.
Details follow below.

To apply, go to: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/home/careers/ or
contact Mikke Lindblom in Human Resources at 206-987-4886 with any
questions.

Cheers,

Kathryn

Kathryn Norris

Prospect Research Manager

Children's Hospital Foundation

P: 206-987-6825

F: 206-987-4845

E: kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org

Research Strategist Officer, Corporations and Foundations

Seattle Children's Hospital

We invite you to bring your career to an environment where talent is
rewarded and new ideas are encouraged. At Children's Hospital & Regional
Medical Center, the Pacific Northwest's premier pediatric care center,
we offer more than just state-of-the-art facilities and open career
growth potential. You will also find a true commitment to meeting the
needs of children and their families. We value diversity and it is
expressed in all aspects, from the patients and families we serve to our
organizational culture and our employees. If you would like to do some
of your best work-your life's work-Children's has excellent
opportunities waiting for you.

The research strategist identifies and profiles corporate and foundation
funders to Seattle Children's Hospital's Research Institute, enhancing
Children's funding opportunities. He or she will develop and maintain an
internal website to publicize research-related Request for Proposals and
other grant opportunities. He or she will strategize with development
officers, research centers, and the Director of Corporate and Foundation
Relations regarding potential corporate and foundation funders, and
collaborates with them to develop cultivation and solicitation
strategies. The research strategist provides these clients with written
reports about a specific corporation or foundation, containing an
analysis of information gathered from public sources and recommended
courses of action. He or she will also act as a liaison between the
offices of Corporate & Foundation Relations and the Office of Sponsored
Research in matters that concern tracking of private gifts and grants in
databases. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate and
Foundation Relations.

Requires advanced prospect research and analytical skills, ability to
manage and execute simultaneous and varied tasks, experience using
complex relational databases for storage and retrieval of prospect data,
ability to interact effectively with a variety of professionals, ability
to work successfully in teams and under own initiative, high level
communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills and
negotiating ability, Bachelor's degree, and three years of work
experience in development research. Prefers experience supporting a
multi-million dollar campaign goal, working knowledge of Microsoft Word
and Raiser's Edge Software, and experience with prospect research
database products. FT Salary $60-65,000 + Excellent Benefits.

At Children's, we believe in accountability, respect and teamwork - not
only with patients and their families, but also with each other. If you
share these principles, we encourage you to join us. We offer excellent
pay and benefits, retirement plans, opportunities for career
advancement, paid training days, and so much more. For immediate
consideration, please apply online. EOE.

To apply for this position, please visit Children's Hospital's web site
directly at: www.seattlechildrens.org <http://www.seattlechildrens.org/>
or email

mikke.lindblom at seattlechildrens.org
<MAILTO:mikke.lindblom at seattlechildrens.org>