[APRA-NW] Job Opening: Development Research Officer at Seattle Children's Hospital Foundation

Norris, Kathryn kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org
Fri Mar 28 13:46:54 PDT 2008

Hello, all! I'm writing to encourage you to consider applying for the
new development research officer position at Seattle Children's Hospital
Foundation. Children's offers a dynamic workplace and excellent
compensation and benefits. Details follow below.

To apply, go to: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/home/careers/. Please
feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,

Kathryn

Kathryn Norris

Prospect Research Manager

Children's Hospital Foundation

P: 206-987-6825

F: 206-987-4845

E: kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org

Development Research Officer

Seattle Children's Hospital

We invite you to bring your career to an environment where talent is
rewarded and new ideas are encouraged. At Children's Hospital & Regional
Medical Center, the Pacific Northwest's premier pediatric care center,
we offer more than just state-of-the-art facilities and open career
growth potential. You will also find a true commitment to meeting the
needs of children and their families. We value diversity and it is
expressed in all aspects, from the patients and families we serve to our
organizational culture and our employees. If you would like to do some
of your best work-your life's work-Children's has excellent
opportunities waiting for you.

Department: Major Gifts
Pay: DOE
Hours: Full Time, Mon - Fri., Days
Location: 70th & SPW Admin Offices

Partner with major and leadership gifts teams to support the
identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospective donors for
major funding initiatives within the hospital. Conduct comprehensive
research of major donor prospects, incorporating an analysis of
information gathered from public sources and recommended courses of
action. Review a variety publications and resources to identify new
prospects, augment existing data, and alert development officers to
relevant information. Adhere to Children's Hospital privacy policies and
the APRA Statement of Ethics.

Requires advanced prospect research and analytical skills; ability to
manage and execute simultaneous and varied tasks and negotiate
deadlines; experience using complex relational databases for storage and
retrieval of prospect data; ability to interact effectively with a
variety of professionals; ability to work successfully in teams and
under own initiative; high-level communication and organizational
skills; bachelor's degree; and two or more years of work experience in
development research. Experience supporting a multi-million dollar
campaign goal, working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Raiser's Edge
software preferred.

At Children's, we believe in accountability, respect and teamwork - not
only with patients and their families, but also with each other. If you
share these principles, we encourage you to join us. We offer excellent
pay and benefits, retirement plans, opportunities for career
advancement, paid training days, and so much more. For immediate
consideration, please apply online. EOE. Requisition Number:
KQ08-1136-84173

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/home/careers/