[APRA-NW] Congratulations to our 2008 APRA-NW Conference Scholarship Recipients!

Betsy Cooper cooperb at reed.edu
Fri May 16 09:20:43 PDT 2008

The Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that APRA-NW awards
conference scholarships to the following two applicants:

Lisa Ernst, Administrative Assistant, The Federal Way Symphony

Erin Pearson, Development Assistant, Tacoma Art Museum

Lisa has been interested in the non-profit/development world since her
senior year in college where she interned for World Vision. She found
prospect research while enrolled in the University of Washington
Tacoma's fundraising management program. Lisa hopes this conference
will increase her prospect research knowledge and help her make
professional connections.

Erin was exposed to prospect research when working at non-profits prior
to the museum. She was charged with building a prospect research
program for the museum and has taken advantage of the APRA-NW mentoring
program to gain insight from experienced researchers. Erin is a new
researcher and looks forward to learning more about prospect research,
networking and participating in the roundtables at this year's conference.

Congratulations to our 2008 APRA-NW Scholarship Recipients! We are
excited for both of them to have this opportunity. We look forward to
seeing all of you at this year's conference on June 9th at the
University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, Washington!

The 2008 APRA-NW Scholarship Committee

Elisabeth McMillon
Concordia University Foundation

Scott D. Newell