[APRA-NW] JOB POSTING: Development Services Coordintor,
Tacoma Art Museum
kriutta at u.washington.edu
Mon Sep 29 09:45:25 PDT 2008
Note this job is about 40% - 50% research!
Development Services Coordinator
About Tacoma Art Museum
Tacoma Art Museum is a public-spirited institution with nationally recognized exhibitions and innovative educational programs that attract thousands of visitors annually to its galleries and events. By making connections for viewers that may not be instantly obvious, Tacoma Art Museum has developed a reputation for presenting art in a thought-provoking yet accessible manner. Tacoma Art Museum has also made a strong commitment to Northwest art through its acquisition and exhibition programs.
The Development Services Coordinator is responsible for processing incoming major gifts donations to the museum, coordinating major gifts acknowledgment letters and benefits delivery, and coordinating the museum's newly created prospect research program, among other vital duties supporting the overall development operation at Tacoma Art Museum. The Development Services Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of Development Services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Gift Entry and Benefits Delivery, Donor Services, and General Development Support (45%)
* Receives gifts; prepares, identifies, sorts, and interprets gifts, including pledges, for entry into the Raiser's Edge
* Notifies appropriate administrative and sector staff about new gifts.
* Enters gifts of $1,000 and higher into the Raiser's Edge database by entering codes in the appropriate fields
* Prepares acknowledgement letters and benefits delivery for CFG gifts
* Prepares acknowledgement letters and benefits delivery for IMG gifts
* Routes donations and documentation to Finance department for depositing
* Copies, files, and routes source documents for gifts, including new documentation requirements for gifts of stock
* Prepares thank you letters for all pledge payments
* Contacts IMG and CFG donors to resolve questions, inconsistencies, and missing data related to their donations
* Responds to inquiries regarding entered data
* Submits matching gift request forms to employers
* Coordinates matching gift acknowledgements
* Sets up and uses checks and balances to verify that all outstanding matching gifts have come in
Reporting and List Management (5%)
* Produces and distributes reports to the Finance Dept. as needed
* Responsible for producing special quarterly reports
* Reconcile monthly with Finance department
* Support list analysis and query efforts for segmenting donor database when necessary
* Creates mailing lists for Museum Notes and Members' Opening mailings
* Prepares pledge notices to remind donors about their pledge payments by merging data from the database, printing the reminders, routing them for spot-checking, and mailing
Data Integrity (5%)
* Makes necessary corrections to information entered in the database, and keeps track of corrections
* Downloads website registration info and adds to the database
* Performs other miscellaneous record maintenance, including address updates, event attendance, and contact information
Prospect Research for IMG and CFG Sectors (40%)
* Helps identify and research IMG and CFG prospects using common prospect research tools
* Enters that data into the database
* Prepares and circulates contact report binder
* Coordinates the contact report process museum-wide; assists gift officers with the development and tracking of their "call lists"
* Prepares profiles on current and prospective donors
* Rates prospects and donors on both capacity and affinity
* Updates prospect research policies and procedures as needed
* Runs reports as needed, including but not limited to: action reports, event invitation lists, prospects sorted by capacity
* Supervises Prospect Research Intern
* Generates Patron invite list for previews and private dinners
Development Related Administrative Work (5%)
* Prepares agendas for Development Department meetings and attends various departmental and interdepartmental meetings
* Editing of Development related documents
* Back up Database Administrator - pulling lists and troubleshooting as necessary
* Additional tasks as needed
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
Database experience (Patrons' Edge, Raiser's Edge and/or the MIP system is most desirable). Experience with relational databases is a plus.
Detail-oriented, accurate, and focused.
The ability to memorize and correctly execute processes.
Accurate typing, mathematical reasoning, proofreading, and critical analytical skills.
A high level of computer fluency is desired, especially in Microsoft Office.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills and a donor-centered approach to fundraising.
Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Comfortable with writing projects and with seeking and sharing information with colleagues and work-study students/interns.
Past experience in fundraising.
An interest in the mission of Tacoma Art Museum is a must.
An understanding of internal museum administration is also helpful, but not required.
Two years professional experience.
This is a full-time position with a competitive wage. Appropriate software application training will be provided to the selected candidate as needed.
Please forward your resume for consideration to:
Tacoma Art Museum
1701 Pacific Avenue
Tacoma, Washington 98402
ATTN: Development Services Coordinator
OR email to:
cfellows at TacomaArtMuseum.org<mailto:cfellows at TacomaArtMuseum.org>
Kelly Riutta, MLIS
University of Washington
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Development Research and Relationship Management
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW