[APRA-NW] [Fwd: Fwd: SCIP: Oregon Chapter Meeting]

Betsy Cooper cooperb at reed.edu
Thu Mar 12 10:46:08 PDT 2009

Hi to all,
I wanted to alert you to the following opportunity. I hope this e-mail
finds you well.

Betsy

*/_Oregon Chapter Meeting_/*

*/When Time is Short: Best Practices for Gathering Intelligence via Web
Based Tools/*

*/Sponsored by: Traction Software/*

*/ /**/Tuesday, April 7, 2009 ? 8:00am ? 10:00am/*

*/Jake?s Grill, Portland, OR/*

*/ /*

*_Program Description_*

The Internet provides a wealth of resources, well beyond Google, that
competitive intelligence professionals use to gather information. Join
us for the April Oregon SCIP event, where panelists and attendees will
share their best tools and techniques for gathering specific kinds of
competitive information.

Learn how CI professionals use the Web to get details on the following:

* How have a competitor's products or services evolved over time?

* Are they launching new strategic initiatives?

* Are they expanding into other geographies or industries?

* How are their products or services priced?

* Are they growing or shrinking in this economy?

* What tools to CI professionals use to organize and disseminate
information

throughout their organization?

The structure of this event is designed to allow attendees collaborate
and network with each-other, as well as CI professional panelists, and
share the best resources for acquiring competitive information.

*_Speakers_*

Kathry Brost, Dennis Muscato and SCIP Oregon Chapter Chair Sean Campbell

*_ _*

*_ _*

*_Location_*

Jake?s Grill

611 SW 10th Avenue

Portland, OR 97205

Phone: 503.220.1850

*_Directions_*

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.display&pageid=96&id=21

<http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=content.display&pageid=96&id=21>

*_Registration Fees_* (Includes: Presentation, Full Breakfast & Networking)

SCIP Members - $30.00

Non-Members - $35.00

**Please Note* Registration will close via the web Monday, April 6^th ,
2009, 12PM (EST). If you are not able to meet the deadline, you will be
able to register on site.*

*/ /*

*/To register, please click the link below: /*

http://www.scip.org/training/EventsDetail.cfm?itemNumber=6817

*_Agenda_*

Breakfast and Networking: 8:00AM

Best Tools and Practices Discussion: 8:30AM

*_Contact Information_*

Sean Campbell, Oregon Chapter Chair email, sean at cascadeinsights.com
<mailto:sean at cascadeinsights.com>, 503.631.7552.

Robyn Reals, SCIP Education Manager, email, rreals at scip.org
<mailto:rreals at scip.org>, 703.739.0696 x107.

*_Cancellation Policy_*

Cancellations not received in writing by */Wednesday, March 25^th ,
2009,/* will not be refunded.

**We Thank Our Sponsor: Traction Software***
**Please visit their Web site: *****www.tractionsoftware.com**
<http://www.tractionsoftware.com/>

*/Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP)
1700 Diagonal Road, Suite 600 Alexandria, Virginia 22314, USA
T: 703.739.0696 F: 703.739.2524
E: memberservices at scip.org <mailto:memberservices at scip.org>

/*