[APRA-NW] job posting: Assoc Director of Relationship Management
kriutta at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:15:28 PDT 2009
The UW is hiring an Associate Director of Relationship Management. Details are below. Full job description and application process available at http://www.washington.edu/jobs (search REQ# 57582). If you have any questions about the position, feel free to contact Susan Hayes-McQueen, Director of Advancement Research and Relationship Management. Her email is shq at u.washington.edu<mailto:shq at u.washington.edu>.
Associate Director, Relationship Management
University of Washington Office of Advancement
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Advancement, Relationship Management,has an outstanding opportunity for an ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT . This individual will coordinate the collaboration of fundraisers across campus by directing the use of the Prospect Tracking System on the Advance database. Provide fundraisers and fundraising management with statistical reports and analysis of progress toward goals as requested, and design new reports and user enhancements based an assessment of user needs. In addition to overseeing the operations of the Relationship Management office, the Associate Director, Relationship Management is responsible for ensuring the integrity of Relationship Management data on the Prospect Tracking System and for overall management of all Advance tables underlying Prospect Tracking screens.
Evaluate major gift giving capacity and Consult with University Leadership (VP, AVP, Deans etc.), Unit Leadership and Advancement Leaders on resource allocation:
* Interpret and forecast high level data and providing information to leaders.
* Evaluate results of findings and determine impact to the University.
* Strategic planning and thinking to implement Advancement Relationship Management policies and their execution.
* Work with Information Management to ensure access to Advance data and strong, proactive communication regarding data and database issues.
Ensure the data integrity of the Advance Prospect Tracking System, specifically: prospect, contact report, tasks, notes, proposals, programs, assignments, staff, stage and associated tables by:
* Designing, in conjunction with the Director, Advancement Research and Relationship Management, policies for system use that meet Advancement's business needs.
* Monitoring user compliance and addressing issues as needed
* Performing regular audits of Relationship Management data
* Managing the data entry and cleanup processes for Relationship Management data
* Acting as a "sales engineer"-interfacing between fundraisers and the information management teams
* Providing design specifications for reports based on Prospect Tracking data
* Determining appropriate placement of data, mapping and uploading data from outside sources to prospect tracking tables.
* Directing the design and implementation of new tables and the redesign of existing tables as driven by management and fundraiser business needs.
* Analyzing the cost of prospect tracking data entry/upload projects and communicating this information, along with recommendations, to the Director, Advancement Research and Relationship Management, fundraisers and fundraising management.
* Auditing best practices among peer institutions, adopting and/or modifying practices as warranted.
Provide customer service to Prospect Tracking users by:
* Work with Advancement leadership to make policy recommendations and fundraiser accountability standards.
* Manage the development and execution of various training programs- and continually revise training to meet the variety of needs of UW Advancement colleagues
* Assess Advancement's Relationship Management needs through formal evaluation and informal communications
* Design and facilitate the programming of reports available via Access, Reportwriter.net and various push technologies; recommend priority for programming
* Assist with the mediation of fundraiser disagreements by providing information from Advance
* Consult with users about the development and definition of parameters for data storage, optimal system use and reporting
Supports specific client needs by:
* Providing data entry, data maintenance and reporting support for Principal Gift Programs
* Designing and implementing coding and data storage policies to support the Leadership Gift Program and providing data entry, data maintenance and reporting support
* Designing ad hoc and user-run reports as requested by Advancement Research
* Reporting out on fundraiser performance numbers as requested by the Vice President for Advancement and his/her direct reports and proactively providing this group information about potential fundraiser concerns
Manages the Relationship Management Office by:
* Defining resource needs of and managing resources assigned to the Relationship Management office; working with the Director, Advancement Research and Relationship Management to provide appropriate resources to the Relationship Management team
* Hiring, training, supervising and evaluating two Relationship Management System Consultants
* Developing an annual operating and plan and providing quarterly updates
* Representing the Relationship Management team needs and issues to the department
* Developing and maintaining written policies and procedures for all work done by the relationship management office.
Remains flexible to accept other duties as assigned
The Associate Director supervises two Relationship Management System Consultants on a full time basis and occasional hourly data entry staff as well.
Working knowledge of prospect management and tracking systems, at least four (4) years experience using Advancement or other relational database systems, an advanced understanding of relational databases, advanced MS Access skills (including designing complex queries and user-friendly databases and reports) and proficiency with MS Office applications. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with executive level users and a wide variety of communication/work styles.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
Desirable qualifications include previous work in a university Advancement office, an in-depth understanding of fundraising practices, knowledge of Sungard's Advance database and supervisory experience.
For more information including how to apply, go to http://www.washington.edu/jobs and search REQ #57582
Kelly Riutta, MLIS
University of Washington
Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Advancement Research and Relationship Management
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW