[APRA-NW] FREE for APRA-NW members: SCIP/SLA event April 28: Opportunity for APRA-NW members!

Kelly Riutta kriutta at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 2 13:45:15 PDT 2010

The website is ready for registrations! http://www.apra-nw.org or http://tinyurl.com/ybjk46a directly to registration form.

-----Original Message-----
From: apra-nw-bounces at mailman2.u.washington.edu [mailto:apra-nw-bounces at mailman2.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Betsy Cooper
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 1:01 PM
To: Jennifer A. MacCormack
Cc: 'apra-nw at u.washington.edu'
Subject: [APRA-NW] FREE for APRA-NW members: SCIP/SLA event April 28: Opportunity for APRA-NW members!

Hi guys,
Just a clarification, APRA-NW has arranged our members to attend this
event FREE if you register through us. (Sorry I didn't make that clear
to you, Jen!) So, please do not register through the link in Jen's
e-mail, but rather through the APRA-NW website when our beloved
webmaster, Kelly Riutta, makes that update.

Thanks and sorry for any confusion.

Betsy
President, APRA-NW

Jennifer A. MacCormack wrote:

> Here's a great opportunity for APRA-NW members to come together with

> other researchers in diverse fields to discuss career opportunities,

> business practices, and trends on April 28 in Portland!

> Joint SCIP Oregon and SLA Oregon Event: Shift Your Career Awareness:

> Sharing Different Perspectives on Work and Current Trends

> /April 28, 2010/

> Register now!

> <http://members.scip.org/scriptcontent/BeWeb/events/eventinfo.cfm?product_major=ORCHP0410>

> *Program Description**

> *Research skills are in demand across many sectors of the work force.

> Find out what professional opportunities and career paths are available

> to you by joining a conversation with representatives from the following

> organizations:

> * Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (SCIP),

> Oregon Chapter

> * Special Libraries Association (SLA), Oregon Chapter

> * Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP)

> * Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement,

> Northwest chapter

> Learn from other researchers in diverse fields about solutions to shared

> challenges; preferred resources for research and analysis; advice about

> professional development and emerging trends; and expand your network by

> meeting individuals in other associations.

> *Location**

> *Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt

> 1211 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1900

> Portland, OR 97204

> 503-222-9981

> *Registration Fees*

> SCIP Members - $25.00

> Non-Members - $30.00

> *Please Note* Registration will close via the web Wednesday, April 21,

> 2010, USA EST. If you are not able to meet the deadline, you will be

> able to register on site.

> *Contact Information*

> Sean Campbell, Oregon Chapter Chair email: sean at cascadeinsights.com

> <mailto:sean at cascadeinsights.com>, 503.631.7552

> Scott Swigart, Oregon Chapter Co-Chair email: scott at cascadeinsights.com

> <mailto:scott at cascadeinsights.com>, 503.240.1936

> Robyn Reals, SCIP Education Manager, email, rreals at scip.org

> <mailto:rreals at scip.org>, 703.739.0696 x107

> *Cancellation Policy*

> Cancellations must be received in writing by Wednesday, April 21, 2010,

> to be refunded.

> Activities, Events & Sessions

> *Joint SCIP Oregon and SLA Oregon Event: Shift Your Career*

> /April 28 6:00 pm - April 28 12:00 am /

> Shift Your Career Awareness: Sharing Different Perspectives on Work and

> Current Trends

> Members:

> $25.00

> Non-Members:

> $30.00

> http://www.scip.org/Training/EventsDetail.cfm?ItemNumber=9985

Betsy Cooper
Director of Prospect Management and Research
Reed College
Portland, Oregon
(503) 777-7585
http://giving.reed.edu