[APRA-NW] August 20: APRA conference recap

Jennifer A. MacCormack jmaccorm at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 13 10:48:22 PDT 2010

Hello!

The APRA-NW conference recap is scheduled for next Friday, August 20, in the morning at venues in Seattle and Portland. I have received so many RSVP's since the initial save-the-date announcement a few weeks ago so I know this year's recap will be a great one with a lot of discussion! Coffee and breakfast snacks will be served at both locations, which means you now have no excuses not to join us!

If you haven't sent an RSVP, please do so as soon as possible. If you attended the conference in Anaheim, please consider volunteering to share some highlights from one or two of favorite sessions! If you have specific sessions you are interested in hearing about, let me know and we'll see if one of our APRA attendees can cover some of the bigger points.

Below are the final details. Please note that the start times for Portland and Seattle are slightly different.

Stay cool and enjoy the sun this weekend!
Jennifer

PORTLAND
10 AM-noon
University of Oregon
70 NW Couch St., Room 150
Portland, OR 97209

SEATTLE
9AM - 11 AM
University of Washington
UW Tower (formerly Safeco Tower), Board Room, 22nd Floor
4333 Brooklyn Ave NE (entrance off corner of Brooklyn and 45th)

Directions: (Please see attached pdf) This building is known as the White Stag and has a big sign on top that reads "Made in Oregon"

Directions: http://www.washington.edu/facilities/uwtower/getting-here
When you enter the main lobby, go to the security desk. They will have a sheet there for you to sign in. Go to the elevator and head up to the 22nd floor. Follow signs to the board room.

Parking: Parking in the Smart Park off NW Davis and 1st is $7.00/day or $1.50/hour; parking in the open lots across from the Smart Park is $7.25/day. There is metered street parking off NW Couch St. I believe the cost to ride the MAX is $4.90 (all day/all zones) or $2.30 (2 hours/all zones). The MAX is also free for downtown in the "Free Rail Zone".

Parking: There are parking lots galore all around the UW Tower with low rates as well as the garage attached to the tower on 12th Ave that is considerably more expensive. 2 hour street parking is also available.