[APRA-NW] Job Opening: Boys and Girls Club of Corvallis
kriutta at u.washington.edu
Wed Jun 2 10:59:30 PDT 2010
Fundraising Relationship Manager
Mission and Purpose of the Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
The Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving the school age youth of Corvallis. The Club's mission is to inspire & enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. To achieve our mission, we rely on the generosity of donors and foundations to provide the funding to serve nearly 10,000 school age children within Corvallis and across Benton County.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Club is looking for a Fundraising Relationship manager (FRM) who desires to work in a fast paced environment to lead BGCC Board members and staff in the primary activity of fundraising. The relationship manager's primary focus is to work with BGCC donor data and translate that into valuable and actionable information that will be used by Board Members and staff to secure the resources necessary to ensure school age youth have a safe and positive place to go within our community. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, enjoys attention to detail, and has the ability to analyze donor data in a way that will identify and support the creation of donor portfolios. The FRM will create a tracking system to ensure that donors are being contacted and stewarded by Board and Staff on an appropriate annual schedule. The FRM must be comfortable presenting to small groups, and willing to assist in fundraising efforts as needed. Position reports to CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors degree in business, finance, or related field with a proven ability to understand how to use data to create action plans. Fundraising experience is desired, but ability to create, manage, and analyze data and communicate action and next steps to staff and Board members is necessary for this position. Knowledge of or class work in statistics or business analysis is a plus. Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of Excel, and ability to quickly learn the BGCC internal database. Knowledge of MS Project is a plus.
* Proactively work with Resource Development committee and CEO to develop strategic plans to identify, cultivate, and solicit financial support for youth programs.
* Keep donor database up to date and current
* Support annual campaign efforts by providing donor invitation and solicitation lists
* Track funds raised and report monthly to RD Chair and CEO
* Provide project management services to Board Committees and BGCC Department Directors to assist in the efficient completion of organizational objectives.
* Schedule donor visits, document visit results, provide follow up materials as requested by staff or board members
* Support and provide proactive project management to Board and Staff for fundraising events and assist on day of event.
* Work with Marketing associate to support direct mail and email campaigns
* Work with golf committee to provide sponsorship and invitations for annual golf tournament
* Provide staff support for Board committees, including meeting minutes, and following up on assigned action items
* Support information needs of Resource Development committee in annual fundraising goals
* Assist with other tasks as assigned by supervisor
1112 NW Circle Blvd
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: (541) 757.1909 x201
hhiggins at bgccorvallis.org<mailto:hhiggins at bgccorvallis.org>
To apply please include resume, cover letter and two professional recommendations
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 14th, 2010
STARTING WAGES: $32,000 - $35,000 (DOE) Benefits upon qualification; medical, health savings account, Simple IRA with 3% company match, dental via BGCC clinic, sick leave, paid vacation and reduced fees for childcare services for parents of school age youth. This is a full time position.
Kelly Riutta, MLIS
University of Washington
Advancement Research and Relationship Management
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW