[APRA-NW] PARKING UPDATE: APRA-NW Annual Conference June 18

Jennifer A. MacCormack jmaccorm at u.washington.edu
Fri Jun 11 09:55:38 PDT 2010

2010 APRA-Northwest Annual Spring Conference

Creating Efficiencies and Maximizing Success: Building Partnerships Outside Research

Friday, June 18 2010

8:30-4:00 PM

University of Washington

Water Activities Center

*Please see below for important parking information!

Seattle, WA

Conference and Registration links below!

Description
Increasingly, the most successful non-profits are turning to complex data analysis to inform their actions. As our systems grow more sophisticated, there needs to be a corresponding awareness of the information needs and behavior of the frontline fundraisers. Otherwise, we risk information overload and shut down. As important as the data is to our success, the relationships we are able to forge across sectors with fundraisers as well as others in Advancement services are equally critical. This conference focuses on the importance of data driven decision making but will also emphasize the benefits of tapping into the power of collaborative relationships and breaking down unnecessary silos in Advancement offices to help support the fundraising effectiveness of your organization!

Schedule of Activities
8:30-9:00 AM
Registration and Continental Breakfast

9:00-10:15 AM
Research & Reporting: A Fundraiser's Perspective
Tracy Ostrem, Assistant Dean for Advancement, UW College of Arts & Sciences
Kelly Riutta, Research Strategist, UW Advancement Research and Relationship Management
Caitlin Mullock, Systems Consultant, UW Advancement Research and Relationship Management

10:30 AM -noon
Topical Roundtables

Noon-1 PM
Buffet Lunch and Networking

1:15 - 1:30 PM
Annual Business Meeting

1:30-2:45PM
Data Driven Campaign Management
Keynote Speaker
Rob Scott, Executive Director of Advancement Services, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

3 -4:15 PM
Building Collaborative Relationships Across Advancement Services
Panel Discussion
Jessica Balsam, Associate Director for Relationship Management, UW Advancement Research & Relationship Management
Lorna Chin, Development Services Manager, Woodland Park Zoo
David Metzler, Senior Systems Analyst, The Evergreen State College
Chris Sorensen, Assistant Director for Reporting, UW Information Management

5:00 - 7 PM
Networking and Social
U-District, TBA

Directions: http://depts.washington.edu/ima/IMA_wac.php#wac_location
Waterfront Activities Center
3900 Montlake Blvd. NE
Seattle, WA 98195
Parking: You will need to pick up your parking ticket at the Water Activities Center before parking. There will be APRA-NW volunteers waiting outside the building to give you a ticket. You do not need a ticket to enter the parking lot where the venue is located. These parking tickets are part of your registration. You do not pay for them!
Conference website http://www.apra-nw.org/conference
Registration http://www.apra-nw.org/registration