[APRA-NW] PARKING UPDATE: APRA-NW Annual Conference June 18

Hogan, Katherine KaHogan at coh.org
Mon Jun 14 14:56:28 PDT 2010

Here's what I sent Jennifer earlier today...Sheila Thayer assured me it
would not prevent our commute but might make traffic a bit heavier.

I'm the first to admit that I'm traffically-challenged (yes I just made
up a word) when it comes to Seattle...so forgive me if I'm in the wrong
neighborhood with this question. Here's what the P-I posted...

I will check out the SDOT website for more info...

Back in January, we noted that the 45th Street Viaduct (that huge bridge
that takes 45th Street from the U District into University Village)
would be closing temporarily
<http://www.wallyhood.org/2010/01/45th-st-viaduct-village-close-temporar
ily/> for repairs in late Spring. Thanks to Bill for reminding us that
it is now officially Late Spring, and as of this coming Monday, the duct
is done. From the press release:

SDOT is closing the NE 45th Street Viaduct on Monday, June 14 to replace
the aging west approach (the raised roadway at the west end of the
bridge). NE 45th Street will be completely closed to all traffic,
bicycles and pedestrians between Montlake Boulevard NE and 20th Avenue
NE from June 14 to September 10. Detour routes will be in place during
this time. Please visit SDOT's project website
<http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/45th-bridge> for specific
information on detour routes and options to bus, bike and walk during
the viaduct closure.

SDOT will host an open house on June 9 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the
University Heights Community Center (5031 University Way NE) to talk
with neighbors about construction impacts and prepare the traveling
public for the closure and detour.

June 14th through September 10th! That's a long time for a long detour.

All the more reason to stay in Wallingford and shop local. What do you
need over there, anyway?

This originally appeared on Wallyhood, the Wallingford neighborhood blog
<http://www.wallyhood.org/> . Join us there for conversation and more
news.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/wallingford/archives/210328.asp?from=blog_last
3