[APRA-NW] APRA Awards/Scholarship/Grant Deadline Extended

Jessica S. Balsam jbalsam at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:26:58 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,
Let's not let our great Northwest colleagues go un-recognized! Please consider nominating someone who has made a difference in your professional development for one of APRA's awards.

Oh, and go ahead and nominate yourself for a scholarship to APRA International while we're at it. We'd love to see you in Austin.

The deadline is April 29, 2011
http://www.aprahome.org/APRACommunity/APRAAwards/tabid/476/Default.aspx

The APRA Scholarship covers the costs of conference registration, accommodation (up to four nights) and travel expenses (not to exceed U.S. $1,000). In support of the APRA goal to promote professional growth, APRA is awarding a scholarship to an APRA member based on financial need.

The APRA Professional of the Year Award is intended to recognize the skills, talents and accomplishments of a member of our profession who has gone above and beyond the scope of their core duties and played a leadership role in their organization. The APRA Professional of the Year award recipient receives a full complimentary Conference registration and accommodation.

The APRA Foundation Margaret Fuhry Grant is given to a researcher based on his or her leadership, mentorship, volunteerism and dedication to the profession. The grant is a US $500 stipend to be used for professional development and is not limited to use at the APRA International Conference. It can be used for chapter events, MARC or any other professional development opportunity.

The APRA Distinguished Service Award honors an individual who has enhanced both the advancement research profession and APRA through exceptional contributions beyond his/her daily paid work.

Let me know if you need help or have questions about any of the awards.

Best,

Jessica

Jessica Balsam
Associate Director, Advancement Relationship Management