[APRA-NW] Your 2011-12 APRA-NW board

Jessica S. Balsam jbalsam at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 6 10:25:11 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,
I know you've been waiting with bated breath. The board election results are finally here, and they bring closure to the heated race for Secretary.

The new board members are:

Secretary: Marijana Radic Boone, Oregon Health and Science University Foundation
Webmaster/Director at Large: Kathryn Norris, Seattle Children's Hospital Foundation
Program Chair: Karen Prater, University of Oregon

One existing board member switches hats:
VP/Treasurer: Lisa Close, University of Washington

And three of us remain from last year's board:

President, Jessica Balsam, University of Washington
Membership Director, Mela Collins, Seattle Children's Research Institute
Mentorship Chair: Mary Gatlin, University of Oregon

I'm excited for many reasons, namely: 1) so many folks threw their hats in the ring, 2) we now have more representation from Oregon, and 3) we had a great conference this year with lots of positive feedback that can only mean good things for next year.

Please join me in thanking these long-serving, outgoing board members for an excellent run:

Program Chair: Jennifer MacCormack, University of Washington
VP/Treasurer and other hats: Sheila Thayer, University of Washington
Webmaster/Director at Large: Kelly Riutta, University of Washington

Cheers,
Jessica

Jessica Balsam
Associate Director, Advancement Relationship Management