[APRA-NW] Job opportunity, University of Calgary

Jessica S. Balsam jbalsam at u.washington.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:59:43 PDT 2012

The University of Calgary, in Alberta, Canada, is partnering with KCI on this important search to drive their prospect research and management activities forward.

The university is open to American candidates, as it has ambitious goals and wants to ensure no viable candidates are turned away. We are likewise interested in ex-pat Canadians that may be open to returning home.

The Director of Prospect Research and Pipeline Development will play a crucial role in achieving Eyes High, the University of Calgary's new strategic direction, ensuring that our research and analytics are strategic, focused, and incorporate global best practices.

The new Director will direct and enhance the university development office's research, analytics, and pipeline programs in the service of growing effective fundraising at all levels of university advancement.

Working as a partner to faculty Directors of Development and fundraisers across campus, the Director will bring ambition and innovation to all aspects of university advancement. Reporting to the Executive Director, Development Services, and a member of the Development Services leadership team, the Director will manage a growing team, currently comprised of seven research and analytics professionals.

The ideal candidate will bring a broad-based understanding of prospect research and analytics to leading the university's research and analytics to the next level of excellence.

If you're not familiar with the university, it is was founded in 1966, and has 30,000 students and 145,000 alumni. It is thus a young and ambitious research-intensive institution with almost 4,700 faculty and staff offering over 100 different academic programs through 14 faculties and more than 85 research institutes and centres. As we approach our 50th anniversary in 2016, we have ambitious plans to achieve Eyes High, our new strategic plan.

With a population of over 1,000,000, Calgary is the largest city in Alberta and the fourth largest city in Canada. Ranked as the 5th most livable city in the world by the Economist Intelligence Unit, Calgary is a city that lives and breathes its unique western heritage of community dynamism, entrepreneurial spirit, and genuine hospitality. Calgary is a young and diverse city, with its residents' average age being 36 and with nearly 25 per cent of Calgarians foreign-born.

Christoph Clodius
Senior Consultant, Recruitment & Talent Management
KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.)
What are you thinking about?

http://www.forwardthinkingkci.com<http://www.forwardthinkingkci.com/>
1500 West Georgia Street, Suite 1400