[APRA-NW] APRA-NW: Conference Registration is Still Open!

Karen Prater kprater at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:49:41 PDT 2012

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CD2160.504E53E0]APRA-NW 2012 Conference: Best Foot Forward!

When Friday May 18, 2012 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Where Washington Park Arboretum Graham Visitor Center, Seattle<http://depts.washington.edu/uwbg/visit/rentals/wpa_rentals.shtml>
Registration<http://apra-nw.org/Default.aspx?pageId=1092815&eventId=468692&EventViewMode=EventDetails> APRA-NW Members: $75.00 (USD); non-members: $100.00 (USD)
Registration includes a copy of the Success Signals book!

Join us as we focus on our own professional development, by learning more about how people share information, and the opportunity to share with each other the great work that we do.

Start the day off with a Success Signals workshop, led by Marla Elliot.
Marla Beth Elliott, M.F.A., has taught theatre, music, and voice at The Evergreen State College since 1997. She has facilitated the Success Signals training there since 2004. Marla is also a singer/songwriter with the Northwest's seminal feminist band, The Righteous Mothers, now celebrating thirty years together.

Success Signals, the highly acclaimed workshop created by Agreement Dynamics Inc., teaches innovative, fun and energizing tools that provide powerful and practical ways to improve relationships at work, at home and in the community.
A past participant in Marla's course describes the experience:

I learned my own communication style, and gained insight about how my style appears to others in the workplace. I also learned tips for communicating with people whose styles are different from mine. The Success Signals training is simple and easy to put into practice.

Strut your stuff in Speed Rounds and Round Table Discussions!
In the afternoon, it's our turn to share our professional experiences with each other.

Through Speed Rounds, we can hear what our colleagues are doing to find new prospects, manage information about prospects, and keep our development staff moving forward in the quest to raise funds. Speed Rounds are also a great way to exercise your presentation skills, in a friendly, low-risk environment. Contact kprater at uoregon.edu<mailto:kprater at uoregon.edu> to submit your Speed Round application.

With Round Table Discussions (though the tables might not be round this year) we can more freely exchange ideas and professional practices face to face.

We hope to see you at this beautiful venue, where we will have plenty of opportunity to meet new colleagues from across our region, and catch up with good friends as well.

Breakfast, a boxed lunch of your choice, and snacks will be provided.

DETAILS: