[APRA-NW] APRA-NW Jobs: Development Intern Opportunity at Oregon
Museum of Science and Industry
kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org
Mon Aug 6 16:15:13 PDT 2012
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking a Development Intern for support and prospect research. This is an unpaid position which may be completed for school credit. It offers the successful candidate the opportunity to learn more about fundraising through corporate and individual giving programs at a major non-profit organization. This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
Internship Summary: The Development Intern provides overall support for the OMSI Development Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Identify prospective OMSI donors compatible with OMSI's mission. Research donors to other organizations in the region, read publications from around the state, and seek new resources for finding donors.
* Research possible prospects using Lexis Nexis, State Corporation Lookup, LinkedIn, Pinpoint, Real Estate assessments, Stockholding assessments, Foundation research, Business Ownership and Revenue. Assemble estimates on salary, property ownership, possible inheritance, and philanthropy in the broader community.
* Assist with prospect mailings for President's Circle and Corporate Partner membership programs.
* Update and maintain Raiser's Edge database of donors and prospects, and help fill project and general fundraising donor pipelines.
* Update and maintain Raiser's Edge database of donors and prospects, particularly contacts, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
* Attend and provide assistance at events and meetings as needed.
* Assume other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Development team.
* Research skills - with the ability to follow information to a fruitful conclusion.
* Ability to learn the funding priorities at OMSI and see connections between possible donors and the museum.
* Able to work independently and take initiative.
* Dependable and punctual.
* Must maintain a professional appearance.
* Willing to follow OMSI rules and procedures.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Advanced letter writing and business communication skills.
* Data entry and typing; 10-key a plus.
Three months, 20 - 30 hours per week
To apply for this position, applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and OMSI's internship application (available at www.omsi.edu/internships<outbind://146/UrlBlockedError.aspx>) to Carol Cruzan at ccruzan at omsi.edu<mailto:ccruzan at omsi.edu>. If you have questions about the position, please contact Carol at 503-797-4693.
Carol Cruzan, CVA
Manager, Volunteer Services
Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
1945 SE Water Avenue
Portland Oregon 97214
O 503 797 4693 | F 503 797 4568
E ccruzan at omsi.edu<mailto:ccruzan at omsi.edu> | www.omsi.edu<http://www.omsi.edu/>
I am out of the office on Fridays.
All of nature's power is on display in Nature Unleashed: Inside Natural Disasters. Open May 26.
facebook.com/omsi.museum<http://www.facebook.com/omsi.museum> | twitter.com/omsi<http://www.twitter.com/omsi>
Development Research Manager
Seattle Children's Hospital Foundation
kathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org<mailto:akathryn.norris at seattlechildrens.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW