[APRA-NW] Very cool resource from the University of Washington Digital Libraries

Maryrose . maryrose at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 15:28:09 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone--

I was researching an older gentleman today with ties to one of the large
lumber companies. This person has been retired for many years.

I was able to confirm his insider/director/executive status from the 1970s
using the Northwest Historical Annual Reports Collection from The
University of Washington Foster Business Library

http://content.lib.washington.edu/reportsweb/index.html

I'm not sure HOW it works, but it does allow a person to search the entire
collection by keyword (or in my case last name). This provided me with a
bio from the persons' working days, which lead to my finding gifts at their
alma mater, and so on. Being able to access an old biography gave me so
much more to go on.

I hope you find this as exciting as I do! Kudos to UW Libraries.

Maryrose

*Maryrose Larkin*
*Writer/Researcher*
*