[APRA-NW] Job Opening - University of Puget Sound
Cecilia A Hogan
chogan at pugetsound.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:51:24 PDT 2012
The Research Associate position here at the University of Puget Sound has become open and has been posted on the university's Web site. Here is a link to the description and the route to the application module:
The University of Puget Sound is a small, nationally recognized private liberal arts college with a robust fundraising operation and a well-established prospect research office consisting of a director and a research associate. The research associate reports to and works closely with the director of University Relations Research to fulfill the mission of the Office of University Relations Research as it seeks to identify and track potential funding sources for the university.
Position Title: Research Associate
Responsibilities: The research associate will:
- perform extensive information searches efficiently and insightfully, utilizing fee-based and free database systems and other resources
- analyze and synthesize financial data such as stock holdings, real estate values, foundation assets and grants
- compute philanthropic capacity ratings
- produce various biographical profiles of individuals, corporations, and foundations to the standards established by the division
- respond to research requests from other departments
- research and create electronic biographies as preparation materials for events attended by senior management
- collaborate with other university relations departments to formulate strategies of engagement, cultivation, and solicitation to meet Puget Sound's fundraising goals
- in partnership with the university's information services department, conceptualize, devise, and manage data integrity and analytical reports
- collaborate to develop and consistently employ prospect identification strategies
- collaborate with the director of University Relations Research regarding budgeted resources, keeping current about new options
- supervise, train, and direct student staff working in University Relations Research.
- A bachelor's degree and at least two years of experience in prospect research, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to work and communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a broad range of internal and external constituents
- The ability to work independently
- Highly developed computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; the ability to become proficient with the university's constituent relations software; proficiency with free and fee-based electronic database systems aggregating information
- Excellent organizational and planning skills; superior attentiveness to detail
- Familiarity with business, industry, and financial markets and the region's philanthropic community; and knowledge and adherence to the ethics statements and privacy policies developed by fundraising's professional organizations.
Commitment to Diversity: Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. Please view the University Diversity Statement at http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/university-diversity-statement/
Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Puget Sound provides a generous benefits package. For more information about university benefits view our benefits website at http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices--services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Posting Date: 08-24-2012
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Required Applicant Documents:
Letter of Interest
Please submit a one page writing sample. You will be prompted to upload the sample during the application process.
Please feel free to contact me with general questions and Human Resources (Kelsey Wilburn kwilburn at pugetsound.edu<mailto:kwilburn at pugetsound.edu> or 253.879.3640) with other questions.
Happy last-week-of-August -
Cecilia Hogan | University of Puget Sound
Director, University Relations Research | 253.879.3469
chogan at pugetsound.edu<mailto:chogan at pugetsound.edu> | [cid:image001.png at 01CD8463.6E14D460] @CeciliaHogan
www.pugetsound.edu | giveto.pugetsound.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 813 bytes
More information about the APRA-NW