[APRA-NW] Changes in the APRA-NW board

Jessica S. Balsam jbalsam at u.washington.edu
Mon Jan 30 08:33:57 PST 2012

Greetings APRA-NW'ers,

I'm sad to say that our VP & Treasurer, Lisa Close, has accepted a position at Microsoft and has abandoned, er, vacated her post as Treasurer on the APRA-NW board as of Friday. She claims that she will remain a member of APRA-NW and may come back to work in research someday, but we all know that we cannot compete with the free soda and other perks of the software giant.

In all sincerity, please join me in wishing Lisa well and thanking her for a really stellar contribution to our profession over 10 years in prospect research and 3 years on our board as Secretary and VP/Treasurer. We were lucky to have her both at UW and on our board. One of her most notable achievements was switching APRA-NW to a credit union (BECU), away from a big bank (Bank of America) to afford us better service and higher CD and savings rates. It wasn't an easy switch.

It's my pleasure to welcome Allison Patzwald into our board ranks as our new VP & Treasurer. Allison is a Research Strategist here at UW and you may remember her as a candidate for the post of Secretary during last year's elections. She'll serve out the remaining year of Lisa's term. Thanks, Allison! You can contact her at patzwald at uw.edu<mailto:patzwald at uw.edu> or 206-221-6413 if you have any money-related questions. The address for sending membership checks remains the same.

I hope to see many of you on Monday at our webinar, and look forward to more exciting programming this spring.

Stay warm,
Jess

Jessica Balsam
President, APRA-NW
Associate Director, Relationship Management
University of Washington Advancement