[APRA-NW] News from your APRA-NW board

Jessica S. Balsam jbalsam at u.washington.edu
Fri Mar 23 15:02:27 PDT 2012

Happy Friday APRA-NW'ers,

I trust that it is as sunny for you out there in the whole of our expansive Territory as it is here in Seattle today.

I'm writing firstly with more changes in your loyal board. Sadly, our fabulous Secretary, Marijana Radic Boone of OHSU, is making a move to the Carolinas next month, and has stepped down from her position on the board. We only had her for under a year, but she did a standup job of all things Secretarial, including sending out meeting notes with lightning speed.

In better news, though, I'm happy to report that Marijana's OHSU colleague Caroline Oblack has stepped in to serve out the remainder of her term. I'm thrilled to keep the WA/OR balance in check, and also to gain Caroline's experience as a former APRA-VA board member and a veteran of the field. Welcome, Caroline!

And in more Territorial news, it's my pleasure to announce a new Regional Representative for a newly defined region: Western Montana. Sonja Bahr of the Yellowstone Park Foundation in Bozeman has stepped up to represent the region. Welcome, Sonja!

Speaking of those of you outside the I-5 corridor, many of you have been asking for recordings of APRA-NW-produced events (such as our roundtables and 101s) so that you can participate in these programs in addition to the national webinars we replay. To this end, we've invested in a WebEx subscription, and just completed our first recording: the Planned Giving 101 presented in Seattle last week. Please let us know if you'd like to view the replay, and don't make too much fun of our amateur recording skills. We're working on it.

Thanks for being members and listserv subscribers. I look forward to seeing many of you at the conference on May 18th - look for more information soon!

Cheers,
Jess

Jessica Balsam
President, APRA-NW

Associate Director, Relationship Management
University of Washington Advancement