[APRA-NW] customer permissible use --?

Cox, Leslie Leslie.Cox at asante.org
Thu Dec 26 14:35:23 PST 2013

Hi -

I'm really, new to doing Prospect Research and haven't much in the way of people where I am to learn from, and I have a question I was hoping someone on the list could answer easily.

When you go to use a service like Alumnifinder and you have to say what your "permissible purpose" is for conducting research on folks, what exactly do you say? Since I'm not doing skiptracing or chasing debtors, I'm not really sure what to put down.

Is it okay to say that I'm looking for "background information on a donor" for instance? I ask because the service is asking me as part of an audit and I don't want to say the wrong thing and it feels like it might be easy to inadvertently do just that.

Thanks for any help you can offer -

Smiles, Leslie
Leslie Cox, Staff Asst III
Asante Foundation
541-789-4879
(14879)
"I don't accept subtractive models of Love, only additive ones."
--Andrew Solomon, TED talk, "Love, No Matter What"
[13FNDA023 Donate Now Button Heart]<http://www.asante.org/giving/donate-now>
www.asante.org/giving/donate-now

NOTE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

E-mail has the potential to have been altered or corrupted due to transmission or conversion. It may not be appropriate to rely upon this E-mail in the same manner as hardcopy materials bearing the author's original signature or seal. Thank you. Asante®