[APRA-NW] APRA-NW: Prospect Analyst positon open at the University
kprater at uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 3 09:01:42 PDT 2013
The University of Oregon is accepting applications for prospect analysts.
Research Analyst 3
$20.23 - 30.96 Per Hour
o University Advancement at the University of Oregon invites applications for a full-time Prospect Analyst (Research Analyst 3) in Prospect Management and Analytics (PMA).
o UNDERFILL OPTION: This position is classified at the Research Analyst 3 level; however, we encourage candidates to apply who meet the qualifications of the Research Analyst 2 level ($16.07 - $24.42 per hour) as specified in this announcement. We may exercise the option to underfill this position as a Research Analyst 2 until the selected candidate fulfills the minimum experience qualifications for the Research Analyst 3 level. Please refer to the "Qualifications" section of this announcement for details on the qualifications for each level.
o This is a classified position represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, and tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, sick and vacation leave.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below.
TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
Research Analyst 3 option:
... two years of research experience independently gathering, compiling, and analyzing data using statistical methods (inferential, multivariate analysis, etc.); using statistical software packages to manipulate the data; and preparing narrative or statistical reports and at least six quarter hours of statistics from an accredited college or university; OR
... an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Research Analyst 2 option:
... at least six quarter hours of statistics from an accredited college or university; research methods and techniques (e.g., research design, sampling, surveying, etc.); and computer software application or packages; OR
... three years of experience assisting with the gathering, compiling, analyzing, and reporting of research information and statistical data plus assisting with the drafting of this information into narrative or statistical reports; OR
... an equivalent combination of training and experience.
For both options, transcripts must be submitted for all required and/or related courses. Please highlight the statistical courses.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
* Excellent research, library, and analytical skills and ability to use online research tools.
* Ability to use independent judgment and initiative.
* Very strong technical and computer skills; ability to learn and use specialized spreadsheet, word processing, and database programs.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to communicate and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
* Ability to operate as a productive team member.
* Ability and willingness to work in an environment of frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
* Intellectual curiosity and a desire to engage in research for practical fundraising purposes.
* Commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and equity.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Familiarity and experience with multiple word processing and database software programs, including Microsoft Office suite of products.
* Experience using a fundraising specific database, such as SunGard Advance.
* Development services experience, preferably for an institution of higher education.
* Experience with fundraising research.
Position is subject to criminal background check.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position provides reliable and timely information gathering and analysis, in order to make recommendations to Advancement staff for the purpose of securing and stewarding philanthropic gifts. Duties include:
... initiating, designing, implementing, and evaluating prospect identification projects based on independent judgment of the needs and request of data users; gathering, filtering and segmenting large data sets for the purposes of identifying, classifying and refining rated prospect activities; obtaining, sharing, appending, and maintaining information needed for prospect analysis; interpreting and making conclusions based on analysis; applying methods, such as custom scoring, market research, data mining, and predictive modeling for the purpose of identifying and cultivating prospective donors, and other advancement activities.
... synthesizing information and disseminating results through written reports, maps, charts, graphs, and presentations; presenting information and explaining methodology and conclusions to all levels of staff; using software tools to analyze and prioritize prospects relative to specific Advancement-related needs; employing numerous methods of data and information gathering, such as utilizing external research and networking with colleagues beyond the UO.
... providing leadership and coordination for team projects, including project organization and design; assigning, training, and monitoring individual team member work; providing project status reports; sharing final results with leadership; assigning and reviewing work of PMA colleagues.
... working with University Advancement staff as an internal consultant, subject matter expert, or development representative; training and coaching Advancement staff and student employees on research and prospecting techniques.
... communicating project updates and information to stakeholders as necessary; working with the UO Foundation to extract data necessary to further goals of Advancement.
... recommending improvements in prospect identification and research methodology to align with best practices in the industry; promoting and supporting data-driven decision making within the Advancement community.
This position may require occasional relocation of heavy boxes or bulky materials.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe experience and training related to each question. Make sure experience and training described in your responses are included on your application.
1. This position will collect information on potential donors and will subsequently be responsible for communicating this data in a variety of formats to support emerging cultivation strategies. Describe your experience and the techniques you've used in collecting and sharing your findings with colleagues.
2. Describe a project where you analyzed a large data set. Include information about the purpose and outcome of the project. How did you present your findings?
3. Describe your experience working on a project with at least one other person. Please include how the scope of the project was established and modified, the decision making process, and how work was distributed.
4. Prospect Management and Analytics works to further fundraising objectives by collaborating with development staff to analyze and identify prospects for development portfolios, providing a systematic and quantifiable framework through which development staff manage relationships with potential donors, and providing strategic evaluation and measurement of fundraising progress. What makes you the best candidate to join our team in supporting this mission?
Submit all application materials, including Human Resources Job Application<http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs/forms> form, supplemental questions and other relevant materials by the closing date to:
677 East 12th Ave., Suite 400
5210 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5210
Human Resources Job Application<http://hr.uoregon.edu/jobs/forms> must be filled out completely or it will not be accepted. Make sure to keep a copy of your application packet for job interviews.
This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Human Resources<http://jobs.uoregon.edu/> * 677 East 12th Ave
Please see the UO website for more information: http://jobs.uoregon.edu/classified.php?id=4645
Karen N.B. Prater
Associate Director, Development Analytics
University Development, Prospect Management and Analytics
University of Oregon = 1720 E. 13th Ave., Ste. 312 = Eugene, OR 97403
Phone: (541)-346-2010 = Fax: (541) 346-1680 = Email: kprater at uoregon.edu<mailto:kprater at uoregon.edu>
This information is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL property of the University of Oregon. Any reproduction, dissemination or disclosure is prohibited.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW