[APRA-NW] Virtual Roundtable for January: Relationship Management

Amanda Jarman amanda at amandajarman.net
Wed Jan 8 16:47:24 PST 2014

Hey all,

I would be curious to hear if anyone is assigning fundraisers to portfolios
based on anything other than region, school/unit/program, and/or capacity.
Josh Birkholz has some fascinating ideas around assigning fundraisers by
prospect demographic, e.g. Fundraiser A does well with young entrepreneurs,
Fundraiser B does well with retirees, etc. I was never in a shop where
that was feasible, mostly due to organizational structures. I am dying to
hear if anyone out there has had a chance to experiment with this model.

I am also curious to hear folks' thoughts on appropriate length of
stages/how long to keep folks in portfolios. I like what Cecilia had to
say about "too rich to quit," and at the same time, am also wondering if
any shops are trying to shorten cultivation periods (OHSU, I'm lookin' at
you with that challenge gift!) A few years ago, I saw a presenter from
Virginia Mason talk about their implementation of kaizen/lean
methodologies, which led them to shorten their cultivation stage to
something like 7 months (!) if I am remembering correctly.

--Amanda

Amanda Jarman
Principal
Fundraising Nerd

503-703-1630
amanda at amandajarman.net

www.amandajarman.net <http://www.amandjarman.net>
linkedin.com/in/amandajarman

*Get helpful data and technology tips and news in your inbox by subscribing
to Fundraising Nerd's monthly e-newsletter at amandajarman.net/subscribe
<http://eepurl.com/F4qwr>**. <http://.>*