[APRA-NW] Virtual Roundtable for January: Relationship Management

Jon Garrow jonwgarrow at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 17:20:58 PST 2014

Great questions, Amanda! I have always been curious about the relationship between length of cultivation, portfolio size, and development officer success, e.g. does a bigger portfolio mean longer cultivation? Does more churn mean more gifts? Do great fundraisers perform well regardless of portfolio size? Scary things to test...

And Jess, has UW always had an open cultivation policy, or were you around when that happened? Anyone else? I have talked to a number of people (mainly at big, old universities) at organizations where units are allowed to hoard prospects indefinitely - how many undergrad psychology alumni are waiting decades to hear from a psychology DO, while they went on to work on Wall Street?

Jon Garrow
Sent from my iPad