[APRA-NW] Research Resources we love Reboot

Laurie Frye Laurie.Frye at wwu.edu
Thu Oct 30 09:43:51 PDT 2014

Two of my favorite resources for finding marriage records:

(Washington State Digital Archives) www.digitalarchives.wa.gov<http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov>

* Under Detailed Search, select marriage records

(King County Recorder's Office) http://www.kingcounty.gov/business/Recorders/RecordsSearch.aspx

* Click "Records Search," Click "Accept," Click "Search" next to Marriage Records

And to find divorce records:
(Washington Courts) http://www.kingcounty.gov/business/Recorders/RecordsSearch.aspx

* Enter Full or Partial Last Name, and Full or Partial First Name (middle name is optional) of one of the persons in the marriage; enter security characters and click "submit."
* To find divorce records, look for a case where the person you searched for is listed as a "Respondent" or "Petitioner," and click on the hyperlink. Review record to see if there is a "Decree of Dissolution." If you find a record for one of the persons in the marriage, repeat the search for the second person in the marriage to ensure they have the same case number & divorce decree. If they don't, the divorce could be from a previous or former spouse.

Sorry I'm so late to chime in!

Laurie Frye
Director of Prospect Research | University Advancement
Western Washington University
516 High St. | Bellingham, WA 98225
Office: 360.650.2369
Take a Stand. Support Western.<http://www.wwu.edu/campaign>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman13.u.washington.edu/pipermail/apra-nw/attachments/20141030/7a91df88/attachment.html>

More information about the APRA-NW mailing list