[APRA-NW] Relationship mapping?

Susan Hayes-McQueen shq at uw.edu
Mon May 11 09:45:21 PDT 2015

Hi Sonja,

We currently use Prospect Visual, but in the past used Board Ex. I haven't seen BoardEx in many years, but it wasn't as nicely visual as prospect visual. I can't say I ever compared the quality of data between the two, although someone here did. BoardEx is mostly used in private industry. It is cost-prohibative.

The other one I hear a lot about is RelSci-they're always at APRA and get mentioned a lot on the listserv.

We keep the tool within our team... we try to reduce the "distractions" that tools like this provide for our fundraisers. I'd like to make it better known, but it's most useful at the tippy-top of the pyramid, and our high-level fundraisers use it a lot (via their researcher). I can point to one significant gift that came as a result of a relationship found using our tools. It also gets the creative juices flowing sometimes.

I'm sure I could connect you with someone who uses it a lot here at the UW. Let me know.

-Susan