[APRA-NW] Data management analyst position at Legacy Health in
Mildner, Chris :LSO Office of Philanthropy
CMILDNER at LHS.ORG
Tue Sep 6 09:54:29 PDT 2016
Good morning. Legacy Health in beautiful Portland, Oregon, is seeking a skilled database analyst. The Office of Philanthropy is a growing operation and has a really nice team to work with. Legacy Health has outstanding healthcare and is comprised of six hospitals and seven foundations, one for each hospital and one for Legacy-wide projects. Development Services supports the foundations. I have been here four years and really love the work, the people and the healthcare. The Portland metro area is a great place to live - there are lots of wonderful arts and culture options and we are in easy travel distance to the Pacific, the mountains, the desert and many of Oregon's wine regions.
To apply for the position, please go to https://legacyhealth.igreentree.com/css_External/CSSPage_Welcome.asp and search by job number 16-2073. Or you can click on the Find Jobs link and search by keyword "philanthropy."
Chris Mildner, CFRE | Senior Philanthropy Analyst | The Office of Philanthropy | Legacy Health
2145 N.W. Overton St. | Portland, OR 97210 | 503 413 6398 | cmildner at lhs.org<mailto:cmildner at lhs.org> | Make a gift today at www.legacyhealth.org/giving<http://www.legacyhealth.org/giving>
LEGACY HEALTH PHILANTHROPY DATABASE ANALYST
JOB NUMBER: 16-2073
JOB CODE: 05005, DATA MANAGEMENT ANALYST
SUBTITLE: PHILANTHROPY DATABASE ANALYST
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF PHILANTHROPY
Responsible for supporting Legacy Health Office of Philanthropy fundraising activities by providing support for donor relationship management system. Will work closely with gift officers, events staff, research staff and annual giving/communications staff to create donor lists, pull data for analysis projects and assist them with use of the data system. The analyst will write queries; ensure the integrity of philanthropy database through consistent coding, maintenance, procedures documentation, and review; write disseminate user instructions to Philanthropy staff, as needed; improve fundraising performance through the analysis of events, appeals and other development activities. The analyst may also write reports. The analyst will work closely with and under supervision of Philanthropy System Consultant on daily tasks and projects.
Three years of experience in data management or a closely related field. Experience in a fundraising environment strongly preferred. Experience in data cleanup and procedure creation preferred. Experience in database reporting tools such as SQL Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, etc. is desirable.
Advanced computer skills, particularly with use of relational databases, especially Blackbaud products (CRM, Raiser's Edge) or other similar products.
Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modeling and analysis of data.
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple deadlines with short turn-around times.
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Proficiency in writing SQL Queries and familiarity with database reporting tools desirable.
Database and Data Analysis:
1. Prepares data selects for solicitations and mailings (appeals, newsletters, annual reports, event invitations, emails, etc.).
2. Works closely with Philanthropy leadership team to ensure coding schemes are relevant and that data entry adheres to necessary standards.
3. Works with Philanthropy Data team and leadership to maintain a database Procedures Manual. Ensures that assigned content is systematically reviewed for accuracy and relevance and that staff has access to and is aware of any updates to the materials.
4. Produces reports for Foundation Trustee and fundraising committee(s) meetings/review.
5. Produces donor and fundraising activity reports on a regular and timely basis in order to monitor and improve fundraising performance.
6. Provides database system training and support to Philanthropy staff.
7. Provides backup for other data information systems staff functions.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Demonstrates ability to propose and implement effective and efficient functional and procedural guidelines for donor tracking system in the philanthropy database and other donor tracking systems.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop, recommend and produce effective fundraising activity reports as well as data selections for solicitations and mailings.
3. Ensures data integrity through development and maintenance of data entry procedures and training Foundation staff.
4. Demonstrates ability to coordinate activities with other Foundation staff, Charitable Giving Services and Information Services.
5. Demonstrates ability to manage information of a highly sensitive nature regarding prospects and donors as well as Legacy programs and services.
6. Demonstrates ability to work independently at a high professional level. Responsible for accurate and timely completion of activities and projects using recognized professional procedures & practices.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the APRA-NW