[APRA-NW] New member - research questions

Lisa Ernst lisa.e100 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 08:03:29 PDT 2017

Dear APRA members,

I am just getting back into prospect research after 5 years of being away.
I was asked by my previous employer (Healing Center - Seattle) to assist
them in building a research department and help find donors who can
contribute a significant gift. There is no reserve fund at this time, they
are in need of help.

What are some suggestions on the best way to approach this issue?

What are some of the most current *free* based sources that are currently
being used?

IWave is the *fee* based source being used... any other suggestions?

When I worked for this organization they had just started to use
Salesforce; there still seems to questions on how to create reports for
research purposes.. any suggestions would be helpful?

Not sure if this is the right place to start; so I am just putting this out
there.. thank you!

P.S.
I could use a refresher myself; didn't realize how much I've missed this
kind of work until now.

Lisa Ernst