[APRA-NW] Getting to the Bottom of DAFs - Register Now!

Apra-NW Programming Director apranw.programming at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:12:58 PST 2018

*Please join us for our March Program: * *Getting to the Bottom of Donor
Advised Funds*

*Presenters: *

*Emily Fondaw, Assistant Director of Lifetime Giving Programs, Donor
Relations, University of Washington*

*Zanne Gerrard, Assistant Director for Donor Relations and Stewardship,
College of the Environment, University of Washington*

Donors to our institutions are increasingly giving to us through donor
advised funds, organizations like Fidelity and Schwab Charitable or
community foundations. These funds are an attractive and convenient option
for our donors, but they aren’t always the smoothest giving experience at
our institutions and can be difficult to track. Is your organization
prepared to react to this giving trend?

In this session, we’ll cover the basics of donor advised funds, why they’re
popular giving vehicles, what information you can uncover (and what you
can’t), and what opportunities exist to best cultivate and steward donors
who give to your organization this way.

Zanne and Emily have delved deeply into the topic of donor advised funds:
trends in these gifts nationwide, how the University of Washington accepts
and stewards these gifts, as well as identified pain points (and
recommended solutions) for various roadblocks within the UW process. Using
the UW as a case study, we’d like to share what we’ve learned to highlight
how gifts like these can be accepted and acknowledged gracefully, and even
be used as a flag for further engagement of these special donors.

*Program Details:*