[Imap-protocol] FLAGS & PERMANENTFLAGS in IMAP4rev1

Karl Hiramoto karl at hiramoto.org
Wed Jun 13 05:39:08 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I'm writing a IMAP client that is a virus/spam scanner. My plan is to
scan where i have write access, and to mark messages with a flag
MyScanner or something, to signify that it is scanned, and does not need
to be scanned again. If it is a positive spam or virus hit, i will
store changes to the message.

My question is if anyone sees problems doing this, and how many servers
that are in use today do not support custom permanent flags? My
testing so far with courier looks like it will work..

If the server does not support custom permanent flags, what i could do,
is store changes to the email header.

Thanks,
----
Karl Hiramoto