[Imap-protocol] namespace ?

DINH Viêt Hoà dinh.viet.hoa at free.fr
Wed Jun 13 15:30:17 PDT 2007

Hello,

I would like to understand what is the point of namespace.
Since, for separator for the first level, it can be returned with
requesting LIST "" "%".
I don't understand how it should be shown in a user agent.
Why LIST would not be sufficient for that ?

What I was planning to do for a user agent was to request NAMESPACE
and do a LIST on each namespace so that the user can choose which
mailbox of any NAMESPACE to subscribe.

Since NAMESPACE won't give a description of what the namespace is, I
don't know how the user would choose a specific NAMESPACE to show for
the subscription.

--
DINH Viêt Hoà